Removes phosphates from water and helps prevent algae growth. Compatible with all pool chemicals and safe for use in pools, spas and fountains.
Available in the following sizes to fit your daily service needs.
- FCH209032 1 qt
- FCH209128 1 gal
- Check water’s pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness and sanitizer levels. Water should be in acceptable condition and free of visible algae prior to treatment.
- With circulation system operating, brush all pool surfaces. Vacuum to filter if necessary.
- After 24 hours of circulation, backwash or clean filter media.
- Determine gallons of water to be treated.
- Test your water with a phosphate test kit or test strip for pools to determine level of phosphate in ppb (parts per billion).
- Initial Treatment: Apply dosage calculated from the chart below.
- Maintenance Treatment: Following the initial treatment, apply 2 ounces of PHOSPHATE REMOVER per 5,000 gallons or part of 5,000 gallons of water weekly to maintain phosphate levels below 125 ppb. EXAMPLE: In an 18,000 gallon pool, add 8 ounces per week for Maintenance Treatment.
- With filtration system operating, slowly pour proper dosage of PHOSPHATE REMOVER directly into water while walking around the perimeter. The water may temporarily cloud following addition of product. This is normal, particularly if the water has high phosphate levels.
- For superior results, add 1.0 oz. of SUPER CLARIFIER per 5,000 gallons of water following label directions.
- Filtration system should operate for a minimum of 24 hours following application. Water clarity should change from cloudy to clear within that time. The use of SUPER CLARIFIER will accelerate clarification.
- Note filter pressure and clean or backwash filter as necessary following manufacturer’s recommendations.
After 48 hours, re-test for phosphate and, following directions above, re-treat with PHOSPHATE REMOVER if the phosphate level is above 125 ppb.